Saturday, August 13, 2011

[GUEST BLOG POST] The Bulb and The Fireflies in the Midst of Darkest Hours


Guest Blogger: Yaweh Parawan Aviles
Date: August 13, 2011, 09:27 PM -10:26 PM

          What comes in your mind when you hear stars or full moon? Perhaps their appearance at night or their color of white or yellow.

          Uhmm, when I hear these two heavenly bodies, for the moon, its round shape and its color yellow with a sad-like face painted on it while the stars are their twinkle-playing lights. When I see a calendar, I always wanted to see the date and the time the full moon will appear fully lighted with the help of the sun on the other side of the mother earth.

          It’s nice to see a full moon at night with matching sounds of crickets or any other sound-producing insects. From where your body and soul feel relax and comfortable, where your current matters unconsciously forgotten. While seeing the moon-full, there’s something I feel from my body and mind that I couldn’t understand, somewhat feeling of a little-cry-child again playing under the well-lighted night. And these is the reason why I feel like this, I only remember my childhood days with my playmates whom I used to play with tagu-taguan, pinangit, playing text cards, catching alitaptap (fireflies), sungka, anya-anyani and story-telling of ghost experiences in the kubo house. It’s remarkable to miss these things I used to do when I was a young kid before with my co-playmates.

          Of course with the matching sparkle of a million flashlights of stars, I also used to go under the chico tree of our side yard lying in the duyan (swing), seeing these twinkling lights. Somewhat they are trying to do something that I couldn’t understand, as if they are trying to make the moon’s painted sad face turn to smiling face thru their dancing lights oh merriness. Its funny isn’t it? When I see these stars, I always wanted to figure out where are the patterns of constellation located at, their counts, to point out the big ones, and off course the rosary stars and the twins… somewhat I couldn’t do anything but these.

          Sometimes I know that this heavenly body that prevails at night signifies something. The MOON which is the BIG OR PRIMARY DREAM we want to achieve in our life while the STARS are the PEOPLE/FRIENDS around us that will help us to make this dream come true; that in this world, that this dream is impossible to achieve without our inspiration with others and their presence as if they are coaching us that we can reach our big dream!

          In our life, protect and love the people around you, appreciate them, acknowledge their help nonetheless even little or nonsense, make your friends, hatred, or even enemies as your inspiration; who knows, they maybe your key to achieve your goal in life. Just remember these words; loss of one friend will lead to the step by step falling-off chance to achieve your goal or dream in life. Keeping something you can’t give up in your heart is equated to hindrance… FAMILY is Unequatable. FRIENDS are Gold. You are of yourself today because of them; molded your personality, taught how to live and mingle with others.

          Your chance is today; start to value your friends as they value you. Start to appreciate their little things as they appreciate yours. Say thanks to your hatred or enemies. In this world, “you don’t need many friends or countless of friends, what you need most are friends who are genuine to you, who understand you, who appreciate you and who value you…

P.S.  In this title of the article I made, the bulb symbolizes the moon while the fireflies represent the stars. The reason behind is that the moon as a bulb lights the night to guide our way in the midst of the darkness on the other hand are the stars as fireflies because when the stars and the moon are covered with cumulus or nimbus clouds, they aid as little-dancing candles of the night.

          “Hope you have enjoyed reading this little article I made… wala kasi ako magawa sa bahay pag tapos na ako magluto, manuod ng palabas sa tv at mga gawaing bahay jjejej…” pasenya nalang kung may maling wordings o sa grammar jeje,, pilipino kasi ako haha..

No comments:

Post a Comment

speak up!
what do think about this?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...