Sunday, August 12, 2012

Lessons from a Broken Glass






Lessons from a Broken Glass

Perhaps this experience will not be a fresh one for you to read, but they will always be different on different people's perspective.

I've just broken a glass right now. I kicked that glass towards a bottle of soda that I drank last night and it just shattered into peices. Even it was unintentional, it still happened. Like death of a love one, you never wanted to put an end on the chapter of your life with them, but it just happens.

It certainly wasn't the first time I broke a glass, but there were still three lessons that I've learnt or remembered through this experience of mine. They entered my mind one by one as I go through the proccess of cleaning up my mess. They are the following:

First, don't do things that you just wouldn't like to do. "Kung ayaw mong kumuha ng BP, eh di sana hindi mo na pinilit," my superego is screaming on top of his lungs again. I was watching a Hindi movie immediately before the incident happened. I mean, who'd like to pause, turn his attention away from the movie, or even blink an eye knowing that the story's already near its climax? I still stood up though and get the stethoscope and sphymomanometer. When I pivoted, that's when the incident happened. Perhaps, I should've said "No!" like what you should've said when your parents chose a course for you or when your barkada handed you the cigarette.




Second, learn to pay the price for things that you've done. Like how I immediately got the broom, newspaper and plastic to gather all the glass' pieces, and it's hard for me to say this, we should always try to be responsible for all our actions! Blaming others for the things that you've done is just for losers. Perhaps, you did a mistake, but bear in mind that you're not a loser. You're not a loser!

Lastly, as human beings, we commit mistakes in life, there's always a room for recovery but the scars and memories will still be there. Yes, I've swept the floor so it won't be possible for me to be wounded by the glass' fragments isn't possible for me to bring back the broken glass to its original, unblemished form. I have enough money to look for a glass completely the same as that, but it's like cheating on myself. You can't peform the same cheat when you've lost a friend because of a silly thing that you've done. They can forgive you but their trust will be comparable my glass, it'll remain broken.

I'll sacrifice myself for you to learn these three lessons.


P.S. This blog post is outdated and was published one week before it was finished.

4 comments:

  1. Very wise, and I personally learned from it.

    Nona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nona! Thanks for your comment. Your encouragement is one of the things that fuel me to continue writing here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that it is. keep it up :)

    Nona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Keith. Just want to thank you sa pagbisita sa blog ko and for your advice to buy a book that will help me with my grammar. hi hi. rami ba mali? Anyway, thanks for your concern.
    this post is inspirational and eye awakening. see you around:)

    ReplyDelete

speak up!
what do think about this?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...